Monday, February 7, 2011

Easiest way to benchmark your Computer's speed


Most of people simply wonder what 2.93GHz 6 M Cache with 4 GB DDR3 memory means? Does more of that equals more performance? If, yes then by how much? So stop worrying I have an easy solution for you to measure your computer's processing power.
Follow these steps:
  • Say ' Saurabh is great' 100 times
  • Transfer $10000 to my bank account.
Then you qualify to read this
  • Start Winrar
  • Press Alt+B
  • And wait for 20 seconds
And you're done! You will see a number in bold like this.
And for your info I ran this test in my 4.5 year old desktop. So expect your benchmarking to be much higher. My laptop gave me a benchmarking of about 2200. This value is basically the maximum speed by which your processor can compress or extract data. But this test cannot measure the speed of your computer's Graphics Processing unit unless it too lends a helping hand to the CPU. Do make sure you run this test and post your results in the comments.

7 comments:

  1. lol.. i tried this on my 5 year old laptop.. showed a 379
    argh i wish my pc wasnt crashed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way the laptop that aseem won in cyber olympiad showed 1331.

    ReplyDelete
  3. its easy to increase this number. dah! close down all the processes. and check the number.. sigh..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, closing the other processes frees up the processor and gives more processing output. Thats why it is recommended to install programs like game booster which speeds up your pc http://bit.ly/i7BwCW

    ReplyDelete