Friday, January 14, 2011

INSIRE scholarship in basic sciences

I am also a person with scientific bent of mind so I thought I should help some of my fellas when it comes to science. INSPIRE is a highly rewarding but poorly publicized scholarship programs by govt. of India. It rewards you with Rs. 80000 for a year for taking Bachelor of Sciences and Master of Sciences. There are 10000 nos of scholarships available but I recently read that only 1500 of them are actually awarded as they fail to find students who might take this scholarship. So if you are interested to get Rs. 80000 as pocket money in Bachelor and Masters level (Which adds up to 4 Lakhs in 5 years) you may want to look at the following criteria for eligibility:-
  1. Top 1% in both 10th and 12th boards
  2. Getting within 10000 rank in IIT-JEE or getting within 20000 rank in AIEEE or clearing CBSE-medical
  3. If you join IISER (for those who don't know what this is I don't blame you), Join Department of atomic energy at Univ. of Mumbai; or if you happen to be the NTSE scholar, Olympiads medalists or KVPY Fellows(Like me!), or Jagdish Bose Science Talent Search scholars you are eligibile for the  'SHE Scholarship'. Don't worry it is open for males too!(pun intended)
You have to qualify ANY ONE of the above 3 criteria.
    Check all the details here and I hope I changed some lives!

    5 comments:

    1. Top 1% in boards..huh!...u kidding me!!
      none f us is eligible then!

      Thank me for a comment Now..!
      well,thnx 4 the info.
      Chopra.//ALien

      ReplyDelete
    2. top 1% overall thodi na hoga.. PCM mein hoga....nd both X nd XII matlb....... intersection ya union???????

      ReplyDelete
    3. I think they mean to say intersection, even though union should be prefered

      ReplyDelete
    4. intersection mtlb....we hv already lost d chnce acc 2 dis criterion..... nai ho sakta...... X mein bevkuf logon ko hi milta hai top 1%

      ReplyDelete
    5. You have to qualify ANY ONE OF THE ABOVE THREE CRITERIAS!!!

      ReplyDelete